This eCH standard references the standard CH Core (R4) (v3.0.0: STU 3) based on FHIR R4.
CH Core is a national implementation guide for the use of Fast Healthcare Interoperable Resource (FHIR®©[i]) in Switzerland.
- The guide provides guidance on essential resources for identifiers, code systems, value sets and naming systems in Switzerland, specifically in relation to the Swiss Electronic Patient Record (EPR).
- The guide defines extensions that are necessary for local use in Switzerland.
- The guide covers the requirements for eCH-0010 postal address and eCH-0011 personal data.
- The guide defines data elements from HL7.ch CDA-CH V2.1 (2020) document standard in FHIR CH Core profiles.
- The guide incorporates Federal Statistics Office (BFS) variables for medical statistics. See BFS (available in German, French, and Italian).
This eCH standard complements eCH-0089, which has the same goal but which uses HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) instead of FHIR.
[i]FHIR and the FLAME mark are the registered trademarks of HL7 and are used with the permission of HL7. The use of these trademarks does not constitute a product endorsement by HL7.